Referees play a vital role in Touch Football, ensuring our game is played in a fair, safe and enjoyable environment for all participants. Becoming an accredited referee is an important step in ensuring that you are equipped with the knowledge of the Rules of the game, but also the latest on-field game information, and skills to manage and create a safe and enjoyable environment for all. It is also a great way to remain fit and active and participate in our game.
Touch Football Australia has a six-tier accreditation system – as per the TFA Sports Education Framework
Foundation (Level 1 Referee) – Duration: 4 Hours, Age of entry – 12 years of age
Talent (Level 2 Referee) – Duration: 4.5 Hours, Age of entry – 13 years of age (minimum 6 months Level 1)
Talent (Level 3 Referee) – Duration: 4.5 Hours, Age entry -13 years of age (minimum 12 months level 2)
Elite (Level 4 Referee) – Duration: N/A, Age of entry – 14 years of age (minimum 12 months level 3)
Elite (Level 5 Referee) – Duration: N/A, Age of entry -15 years of age (minimum 12 months level 4)
Mastery (Level 6 Referee) – Duration: N/A, Age of entry -16 years of age (minimum 12 months level 5)
Please note: All Referee Courses are now being administered through The Nest. All participants must now register via the following link and create a personal profile – Register Here Now
If you hold a valid referee accreditation, you are required to complete the RPL/RCC process to ensure your Historical Sport Education Profile acknowledges your current competency. When doing so, please remember:
– You will be asked a series of questions – do not stress if you do not know/remember all of the answers.
– Only complete one RPL/RCC per accreditation (e.g. Level 4 Referee, not Level 1,2 and 3).
– You will be asked to upload your Sport Education certificate – do not worry if you have lost it or you never received one – The RPL/RCC Code of Ethics Agreement was created for this scenario.
Once your profile has been created, please follow the below steps to register for a course:
– Upon login click on “Training Libary”.
– This will take you to the “Course Landing Page”, select the relevant “Course Category”.
– Click “Purchase” on the course you wish to complete.
– You will then be required to pay for the course.
– PAYING ONLINE DOES NOT MEAN YOU ARE REGISTERED INTO A COURSE.
– The course will appear in the “My Training” section of your account.
– Complete all neccesary online requirements.
– Once completed, register into a face-to-face session via the course calender.
– If there are no courses available please check back for updated courses – Register Here Now
– You CANNOT book into a face-to-face without completing all theory prior.
Upcoming Level 1 Referee Courses –
|27/08/2020||4:30 pm to 8:30 pm||Newcastle City Junior Touch Fields||Register Here Now|
Upcoming Level 2 Referee Courses –
Upcoming Level 3 Referee Courses –
For additional resources information visit the TFA website www.touchfootball.com.au
*Payment must be made at the time of registration*
To register for a course please use the “Register Now” link adjacent to the course.
Registrations close 7 days prior to the course date or may close early if the course is at capacity. No late registrations can be accepted (unless approved by NSW TOUCH)
Please note that all courses are yet to be confirmed and are subject to cancellation. Courses will only proceed if a minimum number of registrations are received. If you have any questions please email [email protected]
Policies and Frameworks
Additional Affiliate Resources can also be found in the Affiliate Essentials Section of the website
|Course Name||Duration and Format (approx)||Pre-Requisite||Course Outline|
|4 Hours face to face Workshop||
|L1-Participant Information Outline|
|4 Hours face to face workshop
Pass Level 2 On-field Assessment
Level 1 Referee Accreditation for a minimum of 6 months.
Regional Director written approval is required for any participant with less than 1 year Level 1 experience.
This consent must be emailed to [email protected] prior to registering online.
|L2-Participant Information Outline|
|4.5 Hours face to face workshop
Pass Level 3 On-field Assessment
Level 2 Referee Accreditation for a minimum of 6 months.
Regional Director written approval is required for any participant with less than 1 year Level 2 experience.
|L3-Participant Information Outline|
Courses are run by each State Office, for more information visit your local state website.