About this page: This page explains what the Sporting Schools program is.
It also includes the how & why Schools can get involved in Touch Football programs.
What is Sporting Schools?
- A government funded program
- Available for Primary & Secondary Schools Students
- Before, During or After School Sport
- Available for all the 4 terms per year
- 45 – 60 minute sessions delivered by coaches or teachers to students
Why Sporting Schools?
- Delivered to over 6, 500 schools across Australia since the inception in 2015
- Providing schools with opportunities to get their children excited about sports through quality and diverse programs
- Provide children with positive sporting experiences in the best possible way: by having a go
- Support schools and coaches through an interactive website that is full with coaching resources and information to help them run programs
- Support sporting organisations in the delivery of great programs that are suitable for children (before, during and after-school hours)
To meet this aim Sporting Schools has partnered with more than 30 national sporting organisations to deliver sports-based programs that are not only fun for children, but also gets them active. Touch Football Australia (TFA) joined this partnership in 2015 to deliver Touch Football programs aiming to help children foster a lifelong interest in the sport, gain a healthier mind and body, have fun and learn sport activities and games skills in a safe environment.
Touch Football Programs for Schools
- Coach or Teacher delivered sessions
- Equipment can be purchased
- NSW Touch Football endorsed coaches
- Multiple coaches/sessions per week is acceptable
- Minimum of 4 weeks
- Maximum – based on funding allocation
Full detail on cost & program options, please see links below:
Why Touch Football?
- School Pathway Sport
- Great for all ages & abilities
- Great for Hand/Eye coordination Skills
- All-inclusive sport
- Adaptable for schools
For information regarding being a Sporting Schools Touch Football Coach, please follow the link below:
For more information contact:
Sport Support Officer
Telephone: (02) 9558 9333