The New South Wales Government has issued health alerts that we must take seriously and that require sensible responses from our membership, both for our participant’s health and safety but also importantly for the health and safety of the wider community.
With regard the NSW Government recent announcements, you need to advise your membership if ANY members have attended the Crossroads Hotel or Planet Fitness in Casula, or the Picton Hotel in Picton on the dates below, or you have been advised by NSW Health that you are a close contact of a confirmed case they must:
- Immediately self-isolate until 14-days after you were last there
- get tested even if you have no symptoms
- watch for Covid-19 symptoms and get retested should any symptoms occur
- even if you get a negative test, you must stay in isolation for 14 days (it can take 14 days before you may show symptoms or test positive).
|Casula: Crossroads Hotel||Friday 3 July to Friday 10 July|
|Casula: Planet Fitness||Saturday 4 July to Friday 10 July|
|Picton: Picton Hotel||Saturday 4 July, Sunday 5 July, Thursday 9 July, Friday 10 July|
They must also abide by the following NSWTA protocol.
Extract of the NSWTA Protocol for both Return to Train and Return to Play:
- If you have had contact in the past 14 days with a known or suspected case of COVID-19 or from a hotspot in the last 14 days, you must not attend a competition or training & seek medical clearance before returning.
Further, advise members that if they have been to following hotspot locations that NSW Health urges anyone who attended these venues at these times must watch for COVID-19 symptoms.
|Belmore: Canterbury Leagues Club||Saturday 4 July to Sunday 5 July|
|Caringbah: Highfield||Sunday 5 July|
|Kurnell: Cook @ Kurnell||Sunday 5 July|
|Merimbula: RSL Club||Monday 6 July|
|Merimbula: The Waterfront Café||Tuesday 7 July|
|Murray Downs: Golf & Country Club||Saturday 4 July and Sunday 5 July|
|Narellan Town Centre: Kmart, Target, Best & Less, H&M and food court||Monday 6 July|
|Pyrmont: Star City Casino||Saturday 4 July|
|Villawood: Zone Bowling||Saturday 27 June|
We all must take the risk of transmission very seriously and take steps to protect ourselves and loved ones:
- If you have even mild symptoms, a cold or cough, get tested and stay home until you’re cleared.
- Keep your distance from others at all times, even if you are well.
- If you have been in Victoria, don’t mix with other people until two weeks have passed.
While from 1 July 2020, return to competition and training for Touch Football was allowed and welcomed right across New South Wales, we still must adhere to the very clear social distancing regulations that are part of Public Health Order No. 4.
We must remain vigilant.
The social distancing between individuals at community sporting events MUST be 1.5m – this includes all spectators.
Failure to adhere to social distancing may cause an immediate review of community sport activity by the Government.
Social distancing is only relaxed for:
- Participants who are training or competing on the field of play (note: reserves/substitutes must stand or be seated 1.5m apart);
- Family members from the same household;
- When medical attention is required. In all other cases – including queues for the canteen, BBQs, drinks etc. – a social distancing of 1.5m MUST be maintained at all times.
For our Affiliates and Regions remember that your COVID Safety plans need to be followed, and it is Government mandated that a copy is kept at the venue/clubhouse with the Duty Officer aware of its location for access and inspection by an authorised officer if required.
If you have yet completed and had approved your COVID Safety Plan, please contact the NSWTA, and we will assist you in this process.
Just like any game of touch football, when you get the lead, you must defend to win the game. Dealing with this virus is no different. We got into the lead, but now the opposition is hitting back- we need to defend.
Further information will be published on the NSWTA COVID-19 page as it becomes available.
Best wishes, and stay safe.