CURRENT AS OF 4th AUGUST 2020
POSITION TITLE: Vawdon Cup: Touch Football Venue Operations Assistant
DEPARTMENT: Sport (Events)
REPORTS TO: Events Department / Venue Manager
DIRECT REPORTS: Nil
PRIMARY OBJECTIVE: The role will assist in the management of the NSW Touch Football representative event, Vawdon Cup’s operations. NSW Touch Football will look to facilitate with successful applicants’ venues close to their residence.
|Friday 18th September||Round 1|
|Friday 25th September||Round 2|
|Friday 2nd October||Round 3|
|Friday 9th October||Round 4|
|Sunday 11th October||Round 5/6|
|Friday 16th October||Round 7|
|Friday 23rd October||WASHOUT ROUND IF NEEDED|
|Sunday 25th October||Round 8/9|
|Friday 30th October||Semi Finals|
|Friday 6th November||Prelim Finals|
|Sunday 8th November||Grand Final|
N.B. Applicants may select available dates and need not be available for all dates. Please note, the competition dates presented above are subject to change.
Hours of Work Fridays – 5 hours, between 6 pm-11 pm
Sundays – 8 hours, between 8 am-4 pm.
N.B. The above are maximum hours, some venues may be fewer hours for that particular date depending on the number of matches played there.
RATE OF PAY: – $25 per hour
LOCATIONS:- Bankstown, Chifley, Homebush, Parramatta, Penrith, Ryde, Tempe, Westmead.
*Please note, you may be required at additional venues not listed here.
DESCRIPTION: – NSW Touch Football are seeking energetic and enthusiastic casual staff to assist with the administration and delivery of the Vawdon Cup competition, a premier representative event held across Sydney.
The Venue Operations Assistant will be responsible for assisting the Events Team and Venue Manager with the delivery of Vawdon Cup at each venue.
Duties can include:
• Assist with conducting field and venue inspection
• Assist with field and venue set-up
• Assist with administration area set-up including tables for sign-on sheets, noticeboard for draws and competition information
• Set up all medical equipment in the appropriate room or area
• Ensure Medical Staff have arrived
• Ensure Referee scorecards and any additional information is with the venue’s Referee’s Director
• Manage team sign-on sheet process
• Provide suitable, informed and quality customer service
• Manage game times
• Manage injury reports
• Manage incident reports and report to Venue Manager immediately
• Collect Referee scorecards and team sign-on sheets to forward on to Venue Manager
• Ensure the compliance of all Occupational Health and Safety Policies and Procedures by all participants at all times
• Ensure Competition Policies and Procedures (including COVID-19 practices) are being observed at all times
• Assist in the pack down and bump out process
• Report on any missing or damaged equipment
• Provide feedback to Venue Manager and Event Manager
The Successful Candidate will have:
• Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
• Previous experience in organising sport programs, competitions or events
• High Level of confidentiality and integrity
• Ability to work productively independently and in a team environment
• Ability to undertake varied tasks with a minimum of direct supervision
• Good knowledge of Touch Football or similar team sports
• Be punctual, reliable and neatly groomed at all times
• A current Working with Children Check Number in NSW
• A current Apply First Aid Certificate is desirable
• Available to attend compulsory training sessions to meet Staff and ensure familiarity with event policies and procedures (including COVID-19 protocols).
Applicants must submit a cover letter addressing the key selection criteria and a resume to NSW Touch Football Events Officer Rebecca Dennis via email: [email protected] by 5pm Friday, 21 August 2020.
If you have any further questions in relation to this position, please contact Rebecca Dennis on 0407 497 806 or via email: [email protected]