Active Kids Program
About the page: The NSW Government is helping kids get active with the Active Kids program. Parents, guardians and carers can apply for a voucher valued up to $100 per calendar year for each student enrolled in school.
What is Active Kids?
The voucher can be used for registration, participation and membership costs for sport, fitness and recreational activities during the calendar year it was issued.
From 31 January 2018, parents, guardians and carers can apply for a $100 voucher per calendar year for each student enrolled in school.
Register as an Active Kids Provider
To register as an Active Kids provider and begin accepting Active Kids vouchers, first check if you are eligible.
If you are eligible, REGISTER NOW.
How to Claim the $100 Active Kids Voucher?
- Visit service.nsw.gov.au and create or login to your MyServiceNSW Account.
- Complete an Active Kids application through your MyServiceNSW Account. You will receive a voucher with a unique ID number for each child you register (available to download, print and email).
How to register using your Active Kids Voucher?
- Login to the registration form for your sport the same way you have done in the past.
- Select how many children you are registering.
- If you have registered the child previously, select the name from the list.
- If this is the first time, select New Member.
- Complete the form with all the mandatory details.
- Select the registration product(s) applicable.
- After you select a product, the voucher screen opens.
- Continue to check out as normal.
- The checkout page will show the amount you owe. There will be a note about the voucher discount.
Who is eligible to claim the voucher?
If you’re a parent, carer or guardian, the student will be eligible if they are:
- a NSW resident with a valid Australian Medicare Card
- aged between 4.5 and 18 years, and
- enrolled in school (from Kindergarten to Year 12, including those who are home-schooled or enrolled in secondary school education at TAFE NSW).
Things to keep in mind…
Vouchers can only be used:
- one time (if the chosen activity fees are less than $100, then the remaining balance cannot be used)
- during the calendar year they’re issued
- for the person named on the voucher
- for registration or membership fees with approved Active Kids providers.
Vouchers cannot be:
- split between more than one provider or registration (meaning you may not be able to the claim the full $100)
- used for individual items (like jerseys, socks or boots)
- redeemed for cash.
To use the voucher, give the details to your registered activity provider.