Find a Club

Enter your suburb/postcode to find your nearest club


Working With Children Check

About this page: The Working With Children Check (WWCC) is a requirement for anyone who works or volunteers in child-related work in NSW.


The Working With Children Check (WWCC) is a requirement for anyone who works or volunteers in child-related work in NSW. It involves a National Police Check (criminal history record check) and a review of reportable workplace misconduct.
The outcome of a check is either a clearance to work with children or a bar against working with children. If cleared, the check will be valid for 5 years, however applicants are continuously monitored.
If you’re applying because you’re a paid employee or self-employed, there’s a fee for the WWCC. If you’re a volunteer, a student on a professional placement, potential adoptive parents or an authorised carer, you won’t need to pay the fee.
You can apply HERE for your WWCC.

What you’ll need

  • Personal details, including date and place of birth
  • Driver licence, NSW Photo Card number or other identity documentation.

How to apply

  • Select the ‘Apply online’ button.
  • Select ‘Apply for your Check’.
  • Select ‘Continue and apply’.
  • Complete the online form ensuring the name you enter matches your identity document exactly.
  • Visit a service centre to present your identity document and (if applicable) pay the fee.

Who’s eligible

  • anyone aged 18 or older
  • anyone whose role involves direct physical or face-to-face contact with children.

Things to keep in mind

You don’t need a WWCC if you’re a parent or close relative of a child, volunteering:

  • at the child’s school, early education service or other educational institution, or
  • with a team, program or activity that your child usually participates in or is a team member of.
  • You’re also exempt if your work is considered non-child related, such as:
  • a student working in a clinical placement in a hospital or other health service
  • a referee, umpire, linesperson or other sporting official or grounds person, if the work doesn’t ordinarily involve contact with children for extended periods without other adults present
  • providing food or equipment at a sporting, cultural or other entertainment venue.
  • The Office of the Children’s Guardian uses the 100 point identity check system.

Need help?

We’re happy to help you with this transaction.
Feel free to call us on 13 77 88 or visit a service centre