Page last updated OCTOBER 20th 2021
The amendment outlines the following changes to the maximum gathering size for outdoor community sport gatherings:
- Clause 2.12 (1) (b1) enables a COVID-19 safe outdoor public gathering for a community sporting activity to be the lesser of 1,000 persons or 1 person per 2 square metres.
- All people attending the gathering must be:
- Fully vaccinated; or
- under 16 years of age; or
- have been issued with a medical contraindication certificate compliant with the Order
- The activity organiser must have a ‘community sport’ COVID-19 Safety Plan. Please note the Office of Sport has advised that they understand this is a new category of plan which will be uploaded in the NSW Government COVID-19 Safety Plan webpage.
Please read the MESSAGE FROM THE GENERAL MANAGER
Current NSW Government COVID-19 news and updates on hotspot areas, public health orders, financial relief for households and businesses.
– Dean Russell General Manager
TFA Reporting Process
All member types with known cases or have taken a test for COVID-19 must take the following steps:
– Inform your Competition Administrators
– Inform Touch Football Australia by emailing [email protected]
– Work with your State or Territory Health Department for next steps
TFA Return to Play Web Hub CLICK HERE
NSW Government and Office of Sport have not issued a return to sport protocol, however, this web hub provides all the COVID-19 guidelines and collateral that competition administrators, players, coaches, parents, spectators, and Referees need for a safe return to Touch Football.
While timelines will vary from state to state, the following protocols and guidelines serve as a minimum baseline to be adhered to at all times in order to keep all members of the Touch Football community safe and align with State, Territory, and Federal Government legislation
Need a few ideas on how to be COVID safe at your club? Here are a few thanks to some of our Affiliates.
Send your photos and ideas on how your club is making your member’s environment safe to [email protected]
The NSW Touch Association is in full support of the Australian Government’s COVIDSafe app, as part of the plan to have Australia in readiness for a return to community sport.
The app has been launched by the Government as part of its plan to slow the spread of COVID-19, and it will help health officials to quickly alert people who may be at risk of having contact with the virus. Downloading the app is something you can do to protect you, your family, and friends and save the lives of other Australians.
The health and wellbeing of all our participants are of paramount importance to us.
The COVIDSafe app is available to download for your smartphone via the Apple app store or Google Play
Should your Affiliate develop a resource (e.g. revised field maps, signage, or processes) to assist with Return to Training and would like NSWTA and/or TFA to consider sharing with other Affiliates please email to your Membership Services Coordinator.