NRL Partnership and Partner Clubs
NRL – Touch Football Strategic Partnership
The National Rugby League and Touch Football Australia have launched an historic sporting partnership representing the biggest boost to participation and game development in the history of either sport.
NRL stars Sonny Bill Williams, Anthony Minichiello, Josh Morris, Matt King and Beau Champion joined Australian music sensation Jessica Mauboy and Australian Touch representatives Louise Winchester and Steve Roberts to celebrate the first game of the new era at Allianz Stadium.
The two sports will work together to create the largest sporting community in the country which will reflect the wider support that exists for Rugby League and the game’s commitment to ensuring there is a ‘place on the field’ for everyone.
The new agreement will bring more than 1.03 million participants together playing in competitions under a joint NRL-TFA banner. This is in addition to the 844,000 girls and boys who currently take part in NRL Development programs each year.
The partnership will represent the most significant national marketing and participation drive in Australian sport, create a year-round involvement with the Greatest Game of All and help Touch Football Australia raise its profile.
Long-term benefits include:
- Greater recreation participation opportunities for all abilities and ages;
- Lowering participation and insurance costs;
- Coordinated pathways programs for elite athletes;
- Opportunity for strategic funding of green-space and other sporting facilities;
- More opportunities to work with government in the delivery of community and education programs.