New South Wales Touch Football is pleased to announce that nominations for the 2014/15 Awards are now open.
The NSWTA Blues Dinner recognises those individuals, Affiliates, Regions and teams who have achieved not only excellence but have also provided outstanding service to the sport of Touch Football in NSW each year. The celebration of this evening focuses on all manner of persons within the Touch Football community. Those members of our sport from the local park through to national and international achievements. Importantly it is essential that the NSW Touch Association, through the Blues Dinner, provide the opportunity for volunteer recognition as a focal point of elements of the NSWTA Strategic Plan- A Clear 2020 Vision.
As part of the process and the element which is crucial to this volunteer recognition success is that of their peers needing to nominate these vital elements of our Touch Football community in NSW.
A nomination in all categories can be completed by any member of the NSWTA/Region/Affiliate or park player.
The following is a list of Awards that are offered on the night;
- Rod Wise Medal (NSWTA volunteer of the year)
- Blues Award (Individual volunteer recognition award)
- Administrator of the Year (Individual recognition award from within the Affiliates of each region. The regional winners progress to State final shortlist from which the State Administrator of the Year is named)
- Affiliate of the Year (Affiliate recognition award from within the Affiliates of each region. The regional winners progress to State final shortlist from which the State Administrator of the Year is named)
- Region of the Year
- Coach of the Year
- Selector of the Year
- Junior Coach of the Year
- Junior Female Player of the Year (Under 18yrs)
- Junior Male Player of the Year Male (Under 18yrs)
- Open Female Player of the Year (Open Age)
- Open Male Player of the Year (Open Age)
- Senior Female Player of the Year (Over 30yrs)
- Senior Male Player of the Year (Over 30yrs)
- Team of the Year
NB. The Referee of the Year- The Matthew Medal is award at the NSWTA State Referees Dinner.
For 2014-15 Awards nomination period (September 2014-August 2015) these nominations need to be submitted to the NSWTA Office by 5pm Monday 10th August.