NSW Touch is encouraging all clubs/associations to actively participate in the state-wide Shoosh for Kids initiative running this summer season. The awareness week is from 23 to 29 October 2017 – however, the campaign message is always relevant so clubs and associations can utilise the resources all season long.
NSW Touch is one of nine summer sports committed to working with the Office of Sport to remind everyone that the focus of junior sport is on fun and having a go, not winning.
Your club or association can sign up to join the Shoosh for Kids campaign through the Office of Sport website.
The website includes a variety of resources to help you promote the importance of keeping comments positive at junior sport, including:
· Posters – available to order in hard copy
· Pamphlets – available to order in hard copy
· Web banners
· A customisable news story
· Ground announcement scripts (audio file soon to be released)
· A business card to hand out at events – available to order in hard copy
· Social media posts utilising #shooshforkids
Gain access to these resources by signing up to support the campaign today – click here to fill out the form! Even more resources will be added in the coming weeks.
Let’s keep our kids playing sport. Remember, sport should be fun!