Volunteers are vital to the successful running of any Touch Football Association. Often many volunteers feel their dedication and commitment goes unrecognised. This lack of appreciation is a key consideration for clubs who want to recruit and retain good volunteers.
Along with a poor reputation, today’s busy lifestyles suggest that people are often unaware of volunteer opportunities within their club or local community and the surprising benefits the role provides if managed well by the club.
The following links are to information that will help you recruit, manage, support and value your club’s volunteers;
- Volunteering.nsw.gov.au – provides resources for volunteers, orginsations and business.
- Go Volunteer – a national volunteer recruitment website that provides free advertising for not-for-profit community organisations looking for volunteers. An initiative of Volunteering Australia.
- ASC – Participating in sport – Volunteers – The Australian Sports Commission offers sports a range of modules and support in volunteer recruiting, retaining and management.
NSW Touch Football Event Volunteering
NSW Touch Football conducts events for Affiliated Clubs and Regions, offering competition for the states most talented players, coaches, referees and administrators.
Following on from the success of the 2018 events, we’re going to need your help again. So, if you’re not planning on participating, why not volunteer? It’s another terrific way to get involved without missing out on all the fun!
Volunteers are extremely important and are an integral part to any sporting competition or tournament. There is no way this massive event could be staged without the involvement of volunteers.
Reasons to get involved:
- Being part of the event and supporting the sport
- Helping put smiles on the faces of participants
- Meeting lots of interesting people
- To extent current or learn new skills
- To gain experience in sporting events and tournaments University Students
Are you currently studying and need to complete a large amount of volunteer hours or practical experience? Volunteering for our events is a great opportunity for you!
In just one weekend you can knock off plenty of your required hours whilst experiencing one of the biggest sporting events in the state. Add it to your CV and this could also help you in finding future employment.
Want to find out more?
Whether you can only help for a couple of hours, a day or the whole weekend, we need your help! We have a number of positions to be filled and we can suit it to your availability.
For more information contact;
Telephone: (02) 9558 9333