$17,000 prize money will be up for grabs at the 2020 Yass Valley Touch Football Knockout. Men’s, Women’s and Mixed teams are invited to register their teams now.
Team nominations are to be completed online and close on January 10th, 2020.
You must nominate and register your players online at www.yasstouch.com.au
A team nomination fee of $330 must be paid online. Players must be registered in a 2019 Season 1 or Season 2 competition affiliated with NSWTA, TFA or FIT to qualify to play in the 2020 Yass Touch Football Knockout.
Teams can camp in the tents at the venue and are $50 per team, payable with team nomination.
Team nominations will be limited to 120 teams and the Knockout will only be played at Walker Park, Yass.
Referee to participate in the Knockout. Playing Referees will NOT be allowed. You are asked to nominate the referee and the level of qualification when submitting the nomination form and indicate the referee’s shirt size as the Association will be giving each referee a souvenir shirt for refereeing at the Knockout.
If the referee details are not completed when team nomination form is lodged, the team nomination won’t be accepted.
The referee nominated will have to register at the Registration area on the first day of the Knockout prior to the team playing their first game. Teams will not be allowed to play until their non-playing qualified referee has been registered.
TEAMS MUST REGISTER their TEAM and REFEREE at the OFFICIAL TABLE at least 30 minutes BEFORE THEIR FIRST GAME.
GET IN QUICK: book now or miss out!!! View the Yass Valley Touch Football Knockout Form for details.
All Open Representative Teams will be graded in A Grade. No exceptions.
• A Round Robin competition for all teams on Saturday (3 games) with a Knockout competition on Sunday.
• The competition will be six-a-side.
• Each game will be 25 minutes duration.
• Change ends after each touchdown.
• The first touchdown in each match on both days except for the Grand Final on Sunday is worth 3 points; the second touchdown and each subsequent touchdown are worth 2 points. Touchdowns in the Grand Final are worth 1 point. Draws on Sunday will be decided by the drop-off system.
• Mixed teams must have the minimum of 3 female players on the field.
• A player can’t play for more than one team in a division e.g. Men’s division.
• All teams to be at the ground 5 minutes before the game is due to commence.
• A points system will operate on Saturday with 3 points for a win; 2 points for a draw; 1 point for a loss; and 0 points for a forfeit.
• Any player sent off for the remainder of the game will receive an automatic one game suspension on either day unless the YTA’s Judiciary believes otherwise.
• Each team will play at least 3 games on Saturday and at least one game on Sunday. There will be no repechage competition for first round losers on Sunday.
• Players in each team must wear the same playing shirt with a number on the back or on both sleeves. Players can’t swap playing shirts.
• All players must wear approved touch shoes while playing.
• Each team to supply own touch ball.
• All decisions by the YTA’s Knockout Disputes Committee are final.
• Each team is required to nominate a qualified referee to participate in the Knockout – Playing referees will NOT be allowed.
TENT HIRE : Phone Yass Valley Hire (02) 6226 1199